To perform the division of two 8 bit numbers using 8085.
1) Start the program by loading HL register pair with address of memory location.
2) Move the data to a register(B register).
3) Get the second data and load into Accumulator.
4) Compare the two numbers to check for carry.
5) Subtract the two numbers.
6) Increment the value of carry .
7) Check whether repeated subtraction is over and store the value of product and
carry in memory location.
8) Terminate the program.
LXI H, 4150
MOV B,M Get the dividend in B – reg.
MVI C,00 Clear C – reg for qoutient
MOV A,M Get the divisor in A – reg.
NEXT: CMP B Compare A - reg with register B.
JC LOOP Jump on carry to LOOP
SUB B Subtract A – reg from B- reg.
INR C Increment content of register C.
JMP NEXT Jump to NEXT
LOOP: STA 4152 Store the remainder in Memory
STA 4153 Store the quotient in memory
HLT Terminate the program.
01 (4152) ---- Remainder
FE (4153) ---- Quotient
Thus the program to divide two 8-bit numbers was executed.